Study USA without GRE
The GRE is a standardised admissions test that is used to test the calibre of applicants aspiring to study a postgraduate programme abroad, especially in the USA. With a special focus on Science and Engineering, an excellent GRE score is considered extremely crucial in finding a place at a popular university.
But did you know that there are a number of top-class American universities that have done away with the need of a student submitting a GRE score? Yes, you can join a postgraduate programme in the USA without writing the GRE. The detailed list given below consolidates the names of various American universities where you can study specific MS programmes without submitting a GRE score.
- Farleigh Dickinson University(NJ)
- Monmouth University(NJ)
- Montclair State University(NJ)
- The Richard Stockton College of NJ(NJ)
- Rowan University(NJ)
- Wichita State University
- Kansas State University
- Virginia State University
- Rivier University
- San Jose University – Computer Science
- University of Florida for Arts Education
- George Mason University (for Master in Health Information Systems and Civil Engineering)
- University of Oklahoma – Some programmes do not require GRE scores
- Oklahoma State University – Bio systems and Agricultural Engineering
- Washington State University – Few MS programmes
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Few engineering programmes
- University of Northern Virginia – Optional GRE for some programmes
- New Mexico State University – Few MS programmes have optional GRE
- University of Dayton – All Engineering programmes MS and MEng
- University of New Mexico – Biomedical science
- Ohio University – MHA – Masters in Health Administration (GRE is waived if GPA is 3.2 or +)
- California State University, Sacramento – Civil Engineering
- Norwich University – Civil Engineering
- Iowa State University – Civil Engineering
- University of Minnesota – Civil Engineering
- University of Washington – Civil Engineering
The GMAT is written by students aspiring to study a postgraduate Business programme in the USA, mainly the MBA. Some universities that allow students to opt for postgraduate Business programmes without submitting
GMAT scores are:
- DePaul University – Kellstadt
- University of Phoenix
- Lake Forest College, Chicago
- Loyola University – Quinlan
- Boston University
- Villanova University
- Suffolk University – Sawyer
Disclaimer – General admission requirements and course-specific entry requirements are liable to be changed at the discretion of the University. Hence all prospective students are advised to cross-check with the Admissions Team of the concerned University if GRE/GMAT scores are needed or not.
So be it an MS, M.Tech or an MBA there are a number of leading universities that let you study a course of your choice without asking for GRE/GMAT scores. Given below are some other parameters, which universities use to judge the applicant’s calibre.
Some universities choose to waive off the GRE/GMAT score if your grade point average is above 3.3 on a scale of 0 to 4. So it pays to focus on your undergraduate degree and achieving an excellent GPA.
Some universities waive off the GRE/GMAT if you have relevant work-experience of four years or more that is closely related to the degree that you aim to study.
Undergraduate Research Projects:
There have been instances in the past wherein exceptional undergraduate research projects executed by students have led to the students being offered a place to study in leading universities.
We hope you found this article useful. If you are aware of other American universities accepting students without a GRE/GMAT score, you can share the names with us. Do call or chat with us and ask any questions you may have.