Study in Canada
Canada gives huge importance to education and learning
Canadian universities offer various under-graduate and post-graduate level programs for international students in various streams. High quality education with affordable tuition fees & scholarship schemes are among the most important aspects that attract International students to study in Canada. Student will be allowed to work full-time after graduating under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program and up to a maximum of three years. A post-graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student’s study program, and is only available for study programs that last for more than 8 months.
Some of the Popular courses are listed below
Diploma, Graduate certificate, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees are available.
- Information Technology and Computing
- Engineering (Mechanical, Computer science, Electrical/Electronics, Aeronautical, Civil, Automobile/Automation, Industrial, Bio-Medical and other Engineering courses)
- Management (Business, Health Mgmt. /Admin etc.,)
- Health and Science related degrees and many other degrees available
The country offers the best & highest quality education and thus Universities in Canada will evaluate students based on important factors in offering student admissions.
Some of them are as listed below
- Qualifications equivalent to Canada Standards: – It is very important for an International student to have qualification that gives access to higher education. The Universities or relevant body will assess the equivalency of the student’s qualifications with respect to Canadian standards in offering admissions. (Very few institutes may require WES (World Education Society) Evaluation before applying for Admission to a Canadian university/Institute. 16 years of regular education including 4 years Bachelor’s degree is mandate to apply for Admissions to any Master’s degree course in Canada for students from India.
- Grades and qualifications in relevant subjects: – This will also play an important role. Usually, Academic above 60 % along with good SAT/ACT scores for Bachelors, above 70% for Masters or higher level education, 55% and above for Diplomas /Adv. Dips/Grad Certificates (with IELTS/GRE/GMAT as applicable) is preferred by the Universities/Institutes in Canada. Higher the percentage, better the chances of admission.
- English language fluency: – IELTS 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in each band or equal score in TOEFL is a benchmark for most of the universities & colleges for admission to Grad Certificates/Master’s degree courses & for Ph.D.; IELTS 6-6.5 and equivalent TOEFL for Diploma/Adv Diplomas/Bachelor’s degrees.
- Enough Money to Live and Study: – Students must possess enough funds to study and live in Canada. Normally, average living costs will range from C$ 800-1000 /month (min. C$10,000 per/year), and tuition fees ranging from C$ 10,000 – C$ 30,000 per year. The fee will vary as per the University, location and the type of course.
*University Admission requirements will change based on the no of applications received and cannot be notified by the admission department with any prior notice.
Language and other Aptitude tests
- English Language proficiency is required. Acceptable tests are IELTS (overall bands 6 -6.5 undergraduate programs; Overall 6.5 and no band less than 6 for Masters/Grad Certificates and higher degrees) and TOEFL (Overall scores of 79 and above)
- SAT/ACT is must for admission to undergraduate programs (min. 1800)
- GRE may be required for Health, Management, Science and Engineering courses
- GMAT required for any Management related courses
Canada – World’s top and 2nd leading destination in International study.
Canada gives huge importance to education and learning, has developed first rate education system with high standards. Studying in Canada, you will earn a high-quality education that is valued globally and benefit your career over the long term.
Why Study in Canada?
- Choose from the wide range of universities & courses on offer: – More than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate degree programs at 95 public and private not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges. Vast choice of undergraduate and post-graduate programs, as well as professional designations, certificate and diploma courses, and short career-focused programs.
- One of the best places to live: – Canada ranks one of the top 10 places to live in the World. Major cities – Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal have been recognized as world class cities to live and work for their cleanliness, safety and attractive lifestyles. Over 1.5 Lakh international students attend Canadian colleges and universities.
- High standard of Living and Welcoming environment: – Canadians enjoy the highest standard of living in the world. Canada has traditionally been a country of immigrants and has a policy of encouraging multicultural diversity. In this vibrant setting, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged. Students who come to Canada will witness one of the most beautiful, natural environments in the world.
- Take advantage of funding opportunities: – Students are able to fund their studies through scholarships from Canadian universities/colleges and external funding bodies. Students with excellent grades will be advised on scholarships along with their offer of admission.
- Safe & Great Place: – Canada is a one of the safest, welcoming and friendly country that has a high quality of life. You as an international student will for sure enjoy these benefits & opportunities with an opportunity to settle post your studies without having to leave the country.
- Attractive Post Study employment options for recent graduates: – Recent graduates are allowed to apply and continue employment in the relevant field of study under PGWPP (Post Graduate Work Permit Program), which allows international students to find opportunities to stay and work in Canada. Post gaining some experience & for some province, just finding an employer can make you eligible to apply for PR & settle in Canada.
* These costs involve only admission and student visa services only./p>
* We also have customised products available for only University recommendation (Research reports) or Processing admission application at very nominal prices to clients.
- Institute/ University admission application fees (CAD 80 – CAD 100) as applicable
- English/French/Aptitude test costs
- Notary, attestation or Certification
- International courier costs
- Obtaining official transcripts, Test scores reporting costs for English and aptitude tests
- Medical or Travel insurances or Medical examination costs (if applicable)
- Other 3rd party costs.
- Visa application fees – CAD 150
- Students must possess enough funds to study in Canada. Normally, average tuition fees will range from CAD 13,000 – CAD 25000/ year for undergraduate courses & min. CAD 10,000 – CAD 30,000 per/year for postgraduate admission.
- Ph.D. are mostly funded hence, mostly require a sponsor. Otherwise the fees would be the same as Postgraduate degrees(University/College/Professor).
- For Documentation process by Blue Ribbon: 2 – 4 weeks
- For Processing Student Admission by processing department: 1-2 months
- For Processing Student Visa by the department: Interview is not mandate, however, if required then student must attend the same and the decision will be given within 1-2 months from the time of application submission, if all documents are found sufficient
Critical Documents to be submit:
- Transcripts, Recommendation letters from college/Univ.
- Language requirements (English – IELTS/TOEFL)
- Aptitude tests
- Work related documents
- Intent of Study
Processing times: 1-2 months
- Offer Letter/LOA (Letter of Acceptance)
- Language requirements (English – IELTS/TOEFL),
- Aptitude tests
- Work related documents
- Clear Intent of Study
- Financial documents
- Bank deposits
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Tests (if requested)
Processing times: Applicant must apply for the student visa at-least 1 – 2 months prior to the intake to avoid any delay or rejection.
Admission and Visa process
Student is required to apply to the preferred University and course directly anytime before the application deadline. Students in the final semester /final year of their current degree or school will be allowed to apply.
Based on requirement, the student can apply directly to the University or College or through any authorized agent of that institute.
Your application will be evaluated based on your Qualifications, Academic grades, English Language scores and LOA (Letter of Acceptance) will be sent to the applicant by the concerned processing office or University directly if the student is accepted.
Student will have to meet all requirements specified in the LOA (Letter of Acceptance), pay at least 1 semester fees and start preparing for the visa application.
Visa application to be submitted online or through the nearest Canadian Embassy/Visa Facilitation Service centre. Application processing time varies from country to country. Need to apply well before the intake to allow the required body enough time to complete the formalities.
Visa Interview is not mandate, however, if required one must attend the same and is advised by the embassy post application submission.
A decision will be given out to the student within 1- 2 months of submitting the application. May also be decided within 1 – 2 weeks for SPP programs through few colleges. Upon receiving an approval on student visa, student should plan for relocation. Student is required to be available on the reporting date mentioned in the LOA (Letter of Acceptance). It is advisable to report in the country a week or two before your joining date.